So you want to Build a computer PC and Dont know where to start. Building a Modern PC can be a daunting experience but with these step by step procedures it doesn’t need to be.
You can save hundreds of Dollars not buying a ready-made PC and just buying the individual parts yourself from places like MSY and then building it. Shouldn’t take more than an hour and can be a fun learning experience for yourself and maybe your family. This PC Build is for my Parents so no use for a high-end graphics card making the build cheaper.
- CPU – G3260 Intel LGA1150
- Motherboard – Gigabyte h97m-dh3
- Ram – Kingston 8GB 10600
- Case and Power Supply – Versa H15, Comes with a 450w Power Supply
- Hard Drive – Crucial BX100 SSD 256GB
- Graphics – On Board
- Operating System –
Windows 10 Free upgrade till July 2016 for Win 7 and Win 8
It’s always good to have all your parts written down before going to a PC shop to buy parts. It’s also a great idea to have alternate parts just in case the parts you require are not in stock. Take for instance the motherboard I wanted was the ASROCK B85M-
Theraml Take Versa H15 Case Review
Check out the Video A quality PC build using the Versa H15 Case thanks to NotYourAverageHuman
Next Find the sand off screws and screw them into the pre drilled screw holes on the case as shown in the picture below. The stand offs are gold in color and these are what the motherboard screws on, to stop from shorting out on the case.
Mounting Cpu and Ram
I like to mount the CPU and Ram with the motherboard still outside the case, It’s just easier and you get less flex in the board while mounting. Especially the CPU cooler which can be hard to install at times.
- First open the CPU latch and remove the CPU cover off the motherboard, be very care full not to bend pins on the motherboard.
- Next carefully insert the CPU into the slot the Triangle notches lined up on the CPU and the motherboard.
- Use your finger to slide over the silver cpu cover to latch into the little screw on the bottom. Now the lever can be closed and latched into the hook. I takes a bit of pressure to latch so don’t worry.
CPU Cooler Install:
The CPU cooler is very simple to install. Just look for where the cpu power fan connector is and turn the cooler so the cable reaches.
Next place the cooler on top of the CPU and gently push the 4 pins into the motherboard holes. You will hear 2 clicks per hole or 8 clicks total. This means the CPU cooler is now secure on top of the CPU. I do this on the static package it came in with a towel on the floor. It’s now time to screw it into the PC case. All the screws for the case will be included when you purchase the case.
Wire it up PC Build:
- The Motherboard Connector, The CPU connector and the Hard Drive Power connector.
- Then plug in the case connectors. These are pre wired into the case so just need plugging into the motherboard, they include the USB and sound front headers.
- Next is the Power switch, Power reset and LED lights for HDD activity, your motherboard manual will give you more information where these go.
- Next wire in the Crucial BX100 HDD sata cable into the drive and the Sata connector 1 on the Motherboard.
Power it up and install Windows 10, Procedure Here. Congratulations you have built your first PC. Build PC is easy once you know what to do. Now go out and build some more for friends and family you may be able to make some money on the side.
If You need Office 2016 check out this post about getting it for $15
Also see how we got this PC to run Call of duty Black Ops 3