After a great year of reviewing some amazing new products we thought its best to gather a few together, to make your selection process simple. So what to get your Husband for Christmas?
Its the age old question and hopefully one we can answer for you today. Even on a budget, we will show you products that are a little different and unconventional. Your husband will know you at least put a little bit of effort into finding the perfect christmas gift idea.
What to get your Husband for Christmas?
Sometimes the most useful, but the most overlooked gifts are the ones that are the best. Tools often come to mind, but as a father myself these are products I love to purchase for myself. Just because you brought a nail gun for your partner , doesn’t mean he really needs it or wants it. I know we are difficult.
So lets get to our top 6 Christmas gift ideas for him.
Mini Portable Jump Starter for His Car – DBpower 600A
These are the 2018 hot product of the year. Gone are the days of the large traditional bulky jump starters that weigh a ton.
These now are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, and will jump start everything from the family car, to his large 4×4 truck.
Over the past year we have reviewed many popular Lithium Ion jump starters, and the DBpower 600A always comes out on top. Its literally the best.
With features like:
- Able to jump start your vehicle (up to 6.5L gas or 5.2L diesel engine) around 30 times.
- With 600 amps of peak current and heavy duty clamps and cables. Compact enough to store in your glove-box.
- With 18000mAh internal battery capacity and smart USB ports, it can full charge your laptops (include 8 in 1 laptop adapters in the package), smartphones, tablets, and other devices at the fastest speed possible.
- The new-added LCD screen will exactly show the remaining jump power. The attached compass can help your husband find his way home when he get lost in the wild, or at the pub.
- Amazing high quality design and spray gold clamps has over current protection, short circuit protection, overload protection, over-voltage protection, over-charge protection. this means your partner is safe when he uses it.
- Whats in the box- DBPOWER Jump Starter DJS50, jump cables, 12V wall charger, 12V car charger, use guide, our fan-favorite 3-year Warranty and friendly customer service.
If your husband doesn’t have one yet, then this is the perfect gift. Actually if you have 2 cars its safer to have one in each car. We use ours every week. Not because we break down but the kids use it to recharge their phones and tablets while traveling in the car.
Its an interesting christmas gift that will raise an eyebrow, but will save you and your family in time of need. Plus its a fast charger for all those phones, tablets and cameras. I never leave home without it.
Muse Brain Sensing Meditation Headband
Now here is a product that I was a little skeptical at first. But wow this is now my go to product for meditation and relaxation.
Even though I purchased this for myself to help with the stresses of life, I find that the whole family actually loves to use it from time to time. Money not wasted.
What is does is monitor your brain waves and process them into sound. This is an audio clue to help you relax and meditate.
- Muse headband is your personal meditation assistant.
- Sometimes your mind is calm and sometimes it’s active. Muse will guide you to a calm mind to help you achieve a zen experience faster.
- Put on the Muse headband, put on your earbuds, start the app, and close your eyes. Immerse yourself in the sounds of a beach or rainforest.
- While you meditate, Muse measures whether your mind is calm or active, and translates that data into weathers sounds through earbud headsets.
- When you’re calm, you’ll hear peaceful weather sounds. When your mind wanders, the weather will intensify, guiding you back to a calm state.
- After each session, review your data on your smartphone or tablet, set goals, and build a deeply rewarding meditation practice that gets better every time.
Rather than go into all the features and benefits, you can check out our full review here on the Muse Meditation headband.
DJI Spark Quadcopter Drone
This drone is new to DJI’s range of quad-copters for 2017. Now that’s it’s 2018 and with a whole lot of firmware upgrades this has become a very advanced drone, with features like face recognition, collision avoidance and fly by hand signals. (really cool feature)
But you don’t need to be an expert to fly one of these. Actually its super smart so it will fly by itself. It may be small but its hugely advanced.
- Intelligent Flight ModesSmart, reliable, and incredibly intuitiveQuickShotVideos with a Tap.
- High-Performance CameraAmazing images and stabilized videoMechanical Gimbal StabilizationShake-Free Shots
- Flight PerformanceAwesome potential, immersive experiencesPowerful Propulsion Speed, and Precision Control
- Flight SafetyWorry-free flight in the palm of your hand
- Propeller guards are recommended when using these functions.
I just had to get one of these as soon as it came out, and wow this is one of the best drones out there at the moment. I use it with the optional transmitter for extra range, but the phone is excellent for those quick clips with the kids.
This would have to be the perfect Christmas gift for your husband. Especially if he is into outdoor activities like surfing, fishing, motor-cross, rock climbing, bike riding, hiking and many other physical tasks.
The Amazon Echo has been a stand out winner last year in the home automation world. Now with the included Dot and Show my world is just about complete.
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice commands.
- It will hear you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- All new Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together and communicate with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omnidirectional audio sounds.
- Get Alexa to answers your questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, read audio-books from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, controls Amazon Video on Fire TV, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, TVs, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue globes, Sony, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more.
Amazon Echo Show
Totally new for this year, and with thousands of positive reviews, the Amazon Show is sure to be under a lot of Christmas trees this year. Who knows you may even set it up to spy on Santa this year.
- Echo Show brings you everything you love about Alexa, and now she can show you things. Your husband can now watch video flash briefings, Amazon Video content, and YouTube how-to videos. See music lyrics, security cameras, photos, weather forecasts, to-do and shopping lists, browse and listen to Audible audiobooks, and more. All hands-free—just ask.
- Introducing a new way to be together. Make hands-free video calls to friends and family this Christmas who have an Echo Show or the Alexa App. You can also make voice calls to anyone who has an Echo or Echo Dot.
Check out the promotional video for the Amazon Show from WIRED.
GravityLight GL02 Portable Self Powered LED Lamp
The gravity light is an amazing emergency product. Able to provide clean endless light by just using gravity and weighted bag to provide the power.
The GL02 self powered gravity-light was a very successful Indiegogo campaign with many new features and upgrades along the way. Built for 3rd world countries to provide quick, cheap and reliable lighting this product has been really popular. Often selling out quickly when stocks arrive.
GravityLight is powered by the lift of a weight. As the heavy weight falls, it turns a special gear train, that drives the generating motor that powers the LEDs.
- Self-powered, the GravityLight uses gravity to create clean energy
- Includes 2 LED lamps with lamp brightness of up to 15 lumens
- Hang in any non-electrified space for instant Lighting
- Up to 20 minutes of light from 1 pull of the cord.
- Great for man caves, emergency situations or just when you go camping.
How to use the Gravity Light
Fill the bag with weight (about 12kg) Rocks, bricks or sand will work well. Next lift the bag using the orange cord. This will be easy as its a pulley system.
The weighted bag will fall slowly creating light for about 20 mins. When the bag reaches the ground it can be lifted again and again and again.
If you would like more information then check out Gravity-lights How it works page.
There is usually a back order for these Gravity-lights so if you would like to check out the price and order one from Amazon just click the link below.
GreenWorks G-MAX 40V 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower.
Now I know I said don’t buy tools, but the cordless lawn mower in an exception. There is nothing better than mowin the lawn at 6am in the morning when everyone is asleep and keeping them asleep.
Gone are the days of trying to start a petrol mower. Dealing with petrol, noise and fumes. Now this GreenWorks G-Max cordless Lawn mower is hassle free starting always.
With 40 minutes of run time and a quick charging station your lawns will be cut perfect every-time. That means you can cut lawns up to 7000 square feet in size. If you get another G-Max 2A battery then house block size is no object.
- G-MAX 40V 4Ah Li-Ion Battery system powers multiple tools like this lawn mower for complete yard work system. Includes one 4Ah Battery and quick charger
- Single lever 5-position height adjustment offers cutting height range from 1-1/4 inch to 3-3/8-inch for the best cut in all demanding environments.
- 2-in-1 feature offers rear bagging and mulching capability for multiple jobs.
- 16-Inch cutting deck allows you to maneuver through small to medium size yard more quickly.
- 6-inch front wheel and 7-inch rear wheel for easy maneuvering over bumps throughout your yard.
Christmas gifts for him conclusion:
Now I know a lot of you are on a strict budget, and its been a tough year for a lot of us. But Christmas is a time of giving, and saying thanks to our loved ones. Even though these are men’s Christmas gifts, I know my wife likes to get out and have fun using some of these products as well.
Keep the socks and jocks for dad and your husband for another time. This Christmas buy him a gift that will forever put a smile on his face. As a guy, the DJI Spark drone is something that I have had so much fun with. But Its also the most expensive here.
On a budget I would recommend the DBpower 600A jump starter, as we use it as a family often to charge the kids phones and tablets while in the car. Its an emergency device that will save you one day.
Hopefully you have found what to get your Husband for Christmas.
Wishing you an early Merry christmas to you all, and may all your dreams come true. With something special under the christmas tree, just for you.