So you want to Build a computer PC in 2019 but you don’t know where to start. Building a cheap modern PC can be a daunting experience but with these step by step procedure,s it doesn’t need to be.
You can save hundreds of dollars not buying a ready-made PC and just buying the individual parts yourself from places like MSY and then building it. Shouldn’t take more than an hour and can be a fun learning experience for yourself and maybe your family. This PC Build is for my Parents so no use for a high-end graphics card making the build cheaper. You can find the MSY parts price list here.
- CPU – G4560 Dual Core 3.50 GHz Processor – LGA 1151
- Motherboard – GIGABYTE GA-H110M-M.2 compatible with 7th/ 6th generation LGA1151, Intel H110 M.2 HDMI Micro ATX DDR4 Motherboard.
- Ram – DDR4 Kingston 8GB
- Case and Power Supply – Versa H15, Comes with a 450w Power Supply
- Hard Drive – Crucial MX500 SSD 256GB
- Graphics – On Board
- Operating System –
Windows 10 Free upgrade till July 2016 for Win 7 and Win 8
It’s always good to have all your parts written down before going to a PC shop to buy parts. It’s also a great idea to have alternate parts just in case the parts you require are not in stock. Take for instance the motherboard I wanted was the ASROCK B85M-
Thermal Take Versa H15 Case Review
Check out the Video A quality PC build using the Versa H15 Case thanks to NotYourAverageHuman
First Step is to unpack the PC case from the box and to open it up by taking off both sides of the case. Its always good to wear an earth strap when working with electronics. If you don’t have one just touch a metal object that is grounded before working on your PC to remove any static build up on your body.
Next, Find the sand off screws and screw them into the pre-drilled screw holes on the case as shown in the picture below. The standoffs are gold in color and these are what the motherboard screws on, to stop from shorting out on the case.
Mounting Cpu and Ram
I like to mount the CPU and Ram with the motherboard still outside the case, It’s just easier and you get less flex in the board while mounting. Especially the CPU cooler which can be hard to install at times.
- First, open the CPU latch and remove the CPU cover off the motherboard, be very care full not to bend pins on the motherboard.
- Next carefully insert the CPU into the slot the Triangle notches lined up on the CPU and the motherboard.
- Use your finger to slide over the silver CPU cover to latch into the little screw on the bottom. Now the lever can be closed and latched into the hook. It takes a bit of pressure to latch so don’t worry.
CPU Cooler Install:
The CPU cooler is very simple to install. Just look for where the CPU power fan connector is and turn the cooler so the cable reaches.
Next, place the cooler on top of the CPU and gently push the 4 pins into the motherboard holes. You will hear 2 clicks per hole or 8 clicks total. This means the CPU cooler is now secure on top of the CPU. I do this on the static package it came in with a towel on the floor. It’s now time to screw it into the PC case. All the screws for the case will be included when you purchase the case.
Wire it all up, PC Build:
- The Motherboard Connector, The CPU connector, and the Hard Drive Power connector.
- Then plug in the case connectors. These are pre-wired into the case so just need plugging into the motherboard, they include the USB and sound front headers.
- Next is the Power switch, Power reset and LED lights for HDD activity, your motherboard manual will give you more information where these go.
- Next wire in the Crucial MX500 HDD SATA cable into the drive and the SATA connector 1 on the Motherboard.
Power it up with the Windows 10 USB in the back slot and install Windows, the full install procedure is here. Congratulations you have built your first PC. How to build a PC is easy once you know what to do. Now go out and build some more for friends and family you may be able to make some money on the side.
If You need Office 2016 check out this post about getting it for $15
Also, see how we got this cheap homemade PC to run Call of duty Black Ops 3