I wanted a quadcopter for a while now, as I had grown up with remote cars and planes but didn’t want to spend the huge money some retail places were charging for ready to fly quads…
I already had a lot of parts required like batteries, remote, charger, servo leads, etc so my build was cheaper than buying all the items listed below. But I added them all anyway for those starting out new.
This is a great little electrical project for the budding engineer in the family.
Table of Contents
Here is the parts list from HobbyKing.com for the build from the European Warehouse.
International Quad HobbyKing parts list can be found here
Australia Quad HobbyKing parts list can be found here
- Hobbyking SK450 Glass Fiber Quadcopter Frame 450mm
- TURNIGY Plush 30amp Speed Controller
- 5.5mm Bullet to 4 x 4.0mm ESC Power Breakout Cable
- Nylon XT60 Connectors Male/Female (5 pairs)
- Scorpion Lipoly Lock Strap 205mm (Small) x 3
- Hobby King 2.4Ghz Receiver 6Ch V2
- Turnigy D2836/11 750KV Brushless Outrunner Motorx4
- Slow Fly Electric Prop 11×4.7R SF (4 pc –
Green Right Hand Rotation)
- Slow Fly Electric Prop 11×4.7SF (4 pc –
- PolyMax 4mm Gold Connectors 10 PAIRS (20PC)
- Hobbyking KK2.1.5 Multi-
rotor LCD Flight Control Board
- Twisted 15CM Male to Male Servo Lead (JR) 22AWG (10pcs/set)
- Turnigy 9X 9Ch Transmitter w/ Module & 8ch Receiver (Mode 2)
- TURNIGY BESC Programming Card
- Turnigy 2200mAh 3S 25C Lipo Pack x2
- Turnigy Accucel-
6 80W 6A Balancer/Charger w/ Accessories
I am a qualified Industrial Electrician for the past 20 years and I love to share my knowledge on home repair jobs.
I love fast toys like Motorcycles, Cars, Jetskis, and Boats so writing about them is easy.
To keeps costs down I do all my own mods, repairs, and servicing. These skills I want to share with everyone. DIY is a skill everyone can learn.