The days of trying to work out what-sized compact jump starter you need are over. As Lithium-Ion battery technology gets better, we are starting to see massive increases in the number of amps that these little boost pack units can deliver to your car.
Now some of you would think that having 1000 amps of power in a compact jump starter is just asking for trouble. Actually, in the old days, this would be true, but with the advancement in microprocessor-controlled safety circuits, these little units are very safe.
Here at Notsealed were very interested to see who makes the best 1000 amp jump starter. We only considered brand names and quality units. Not any junk paper claims, from some backyard hick company, that promises the world, with outlandish promises. (There are many out there)
The list is actually quite small. There are not many 1000 Amp plus jump starters out there that are well made. That is not just a copy of another brand. So let’s go ahead and check out cold hard facts.
Table of Contents
- 1 Our 5 Top Rated Compact 1000 Amp Jump Starters for 2023
- 2 Buible 1000A Car Jump Starter
- 3 Rugged Geek RG1200 Safety – NEW 1000A Portable Lithium Booster Pack Jump Starter
- 4 NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp Lithium Ion Jump Starter
- 5 GOOLOO 1000A Peak 20800mAh Portable Car Jump Starter
- 6 Anker Roav Car Jump Starter
- 7 Honorable mentions
- 8 DBPOWER 1200A Peak Portable Car Jump Starter
Our 5 Top Rated Compact 1000 Amp Jump Starters for 2023
Buible 1000A Car Jump Starter
The Biuble Lithium_ion jump starter is a new addition to our best-of roundup. It made the list due to the Quick Charge 3.0 USB outputs and the high-capacity internal battery.
It’s made long and large so you know there is a good-sized battery in there. The 2800mAh Power bank has 2 smart USB outports (18W Quick Charge Port included) can charge your mobile phone and tablet quickly and safely at the same time. (Type C full recharged within 4 hours)
The Biuble 1000A jump starter has the usual LED Flashlight with 4 modes of LED light – Normal, Strobe, and SOS.
It is recommended to do this every 3 months to keep the battery in tip-top condition.
Some of the smaller jump starters we have reviewed have been made cheap. But not the Buible, it is rugged and tough, just what you need in the middle of nowhere.
With a peak current of 1000A it will start up to 7.0L Gas, and 5.5L Diesel Engines. Wow, that’s heaps of power and it is even airline compliant with UN38.3 International Air Safety Standards.
Rugged Geek RG1200 Safety – NEW 1000A Portable Lithium Booster Pack Jump Starter
The Rugged Geek 1000A was a very close second. A solid brand with fantastic features, this 1000 amp jump starter was one that looks amazing.
Rugged Geek has a history of rubberizing it’s compact jump starters in a tire tread pattern. This adds grip to the unit as well as drop protection.
One great feature I loved was the inclusion of 12v 18v and 19 volt DC output. This makes this jump starter able to power and charge a variety of laptops. This is the 1st time I have seen this feature. They also include a variety of different power plug ends for a variety of laptop manufacturers like Dell, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, HP, and much more.
If you have apple laptop computers like the MacBook Air Pro then you will have to purchase this cable shown below. As there is no voltage control in the cable, so please make sure to select the correct voltage output for your device.
Rugged Geek 1000S amp jump starter features.
- New 1000 Peak Amp Emergency Jump Starter: Enough power to boost most passenger vehicles on the road today!
- Intelliboost Jumper Cables for safe, easy, and risk-free Jump Starting. These have Dual Power tips with upgraded 8 gauge cable (many on the market are single)
- USB and Laptop Charging from 2 high power, USB ports, and 1 laptop port. Includes 3-IN-1 USB Cable with new USB-C, Lightning, and Micro USB. Laptop charging is from a variable 12/18/19 volt output. It comes with a few different laptop connection tips.
- Ultra-Bright LED Flashlight with Steady On, Strobe, and SOS Modes for additional safety, protection, and convenience.
- Clear Digital LCD display offers all the vital info you need at a glance including charge and output levels/voltage. Charging will take approx 3-4 hours from 0% to 100% with the included wall charger.
Can I bring this Jump Starter on an Air-Plane as hand luggage?
Yes, you can. Most airlines allow battery backup devices up to 100-160 Watt Hour capacity to be brought on flights in carry-on only baggage.
The Watt-hour rating of our RG1000 is 38.9Wh, so it’s well within the allowable battery capacity limits.
NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp Lithium Ion Jump Starter
The NoCo GB40 genius boost 1000A was one of the 1st true heavy-duty jump starters to come onto the market. Most people have heard of the Noco brand as they also make some amazing 12v battery chargers for motorcycles.
One feature I liked was the USB input. This means the 1000 amp jump starter can be recharged from a laptop or computer. Although it will take a while. This leaves you with only 1 USB port to charge mobile phones though.
- Compact, yet powerful lithium jump starter rated at 1,000 amps (7,000 joules for 3 seconds) – you can get up to 20 jump starts on a single charge. (depending on vehicle type)
- An ultra-safe and mistake-proof design. It makes it user-friendly with spark-proof technology and reverses polarity protection, which allows it to safely connect to any 12v battery.
- An ultra-bright 100-lumen LED dual flashlight with 7 light modes, including SOS and emergency strobe.
- Recharge your personal devices on the go, like smartphones, tablets, smartwatches, and more – Get up to 4 smartphones recharges from the NoCo 1000A
- Designed for petrol engines up to 6 liters and diesel engines up to 3 liters for cars, boats, lawnmowers, ATV, Sea-Doos, and more.
NoCo GB40 Internal Battery
Due to the GB40 being rated in joules and a lot of confusion on what’s inside we decided to open up our NoCo GB40 to see what type of battery is inside. It looks like it’s a custom-fit branded battery.
It is labeled as a NEB11V120c2159MAH. 11.1v @2150mAh which means its (24Wh)
Going by the battery model number looks like it has a 20c discharge rate. With Element x10 printed on the side. Lots of jump starter manufacturers rate their battery capacity at different voltages like 3.7v or 5v. I would love to see everyone stick to 11.1v ratings.
GOOLOO 1000A Peak 20800mAh Portable Car Jump Starter
You will never need another high-power Gooloo 1000A jump starter. Gooloo has been around for a while now and has a proven record of making some original designed and reliable products.
I have used Gooloo jump starters in the past and found them very good. If you can get these on sale they would be a great buy.
Gooloo Jump Starter Power Bank Features
- The GOOLOO Jump Starter GP200 is so powerful that every driver should have one, they use high rate Lithium polymer batteries instead of normal NiCad or NIMH batteries. It makes it simple for you to start 12V cars, up to 8.0L Gas or 6.0L diesel or Motorcycles, RV, tractor, light-duty trucks, lawnmowers, cargo vans, ATVs, snowmobiles, jet skis, boats, etc.
- You can get up to 30 cranking attempts with 1000 amps of peak current and heavy-duty clamps and cables. This was tried on a Toyota Corolla 4 cylinder. For larger engines like 8 cylinders expect less.
- 4 in 1 Multi-Function: Powerful Jump Starter + Portable Charger + LED Flashlight + S.O.S Lighting Signal for help. It can help you In any case, especially for adventure, outdoor, daily, emergency, travel, high and low temperature(-20℃ to 60℃ ), etc. Emergency battery storage when you need it most.
- Upgrade Supreme Clamp & Extra-Safe: The upgraded clamp is bigger 1/2 than before, more sturdy, and durable. This was a regular complaint from many customers that these smaller jump starters had smaller claps that tend to get hot on big loads. It wasn’t only Gooloos problem, a lot of others had smaller clamps and cables.
- The intelligent protector safety circuit is built in the battery pack, this protects from a fire on the clamps which can cause melting or explosion.
- Portable Power Bank & LCD Screen: 20800mAh Internal battery capacity with Dual USB Ports, charge phones, tablets, cameras, kindle, and other devices at the speed of 2A. The LCD screen will tell you the status of the internal battery and when it needs to be charged.
- Ultra-Compact: fits inside the car easily
So what’s inside the Gooloo box:
GOOLOO Jump Starter GP200, 12V Battery Clamp, Wall Charger (With UL Certification), Car Charger, 3 in1 USB Cable, Storage Case, User Manual, our 12 + 6 month extended warranty & 30 days money back, and 24/7 friendly customer service
Anker Roav Car Jump Starter
Funny name but a very nice updated jump starter. It is a nice update for it’s older and less powerful model. We found and found it to be a very compact reliable model. Especially for charging the kid’s phones and tablets.
Anker has designed a quality jump starter that has started to get a real following in the battery backup business. They made some quality gear like battery packs and solar phone chargers that we love.
With 2 super-fast USB ports, you will never be left looking for a spare port to charge your devices while out on the road.
- The Anker Roav 1000A Works With All 12V Gasoline and Petrol engines: The peak current of 1000A is rated for up to 7L petrol engines with a 12V battery. You can expect to be able to get over 20 cranks on one charge due to the large internal battery.
- Extra-Safety features with the built-in Intelligent Protector: The intelligent protector is built into the battery pack. Some other brands have safety circuits built into the clamps. This will protect your lithium-Ion jump starter from a fire on the clamps which can cause melting or explosion.
- Massive 12800mAh internal capacity: Charge the car jumper via car charger, USB-C wall charger, or even another power bank so many options. You can charge the jumper boost pack in just 5.5 hours with the DC5V/2.1A AC wall charger. Once the Roav is fully charged you can expect to charge your iPhone 7 up to 5 times, the iPad mini 1.5 times, and the Nexus phone 3 times.
- Power IQ 2.0 + Smart Technology: The Quick Charge Power IQ 2.0 technology is able to charge your phone with a 75% faster-charging speed due to the smart charging QC3 circuit. There are also an extra 2 iSmart USB ports to support a maximum current of up to 45W.
- Boost Button & Status Light: If the indicator light is green, you can jump-start your car. If it is red, you need to check the connection of the clamps and polarities, to make sure these are correct. Also, make sure the battery level is over 20% before attempting to jump-start your vehicle battery.
As a brand Anker Roav is really starting to make a name for itself. Now lets us see them make very good reliable power inverter like the high capacity 110v power inverter power bank which is air travel safe.
Suaoki U28 2000A Peak Jump Starter.
We mainly wanted to look at quality Compact 1000 Amp Jump Starters. Suaoki makes an 800A and now this new 2000A which I suspect will soon become the new standard. Time will tell.
- 3-IN-1 Jump starter: Powerful combination of incredible 2000A peak amps that boosts your flat 12V vehicle or boat battery. Its also portable USB power source and a handy flashlight for emergency situations.
- 2000A Peak Amps: True 1000A starting current and reaches peak 2000 amps immediately. It will restart your flat car or boat battery in seconds.
- Safety Lights: 4 blue LED lights as the battery indicator. The emergency flashlight has 4 modes of LED lighting (white light: strong/strobe/SOS; red light: warning) for different scenarios.
- Portable 12v output: 12V/10A (max) DC power source can be used to power lights, wireless routers, air compressors, small TVs, and security cameras on the go. With the dual 2.4A/5V USB ports you can recharge phones and tablets.
- Safety circuits inbuilt: The included smart battery clamps will prevent short circuits, overheating, over-voltage, under-voltage, reverse charging, and incorrect battery polarity.
DBPOWER 1200A Peak Portable Car Jump Starter
Now I didn’t get this unit for free, as some other sites do. But DB power has constantly been on my radar for a few years now. They are one of the major players that build and develop, a whole range of quality jump starters. They are just really hard to come by as they sell out quickly due to their low price and great features.
With the release of the new DBpower 1200 Amp Peak battery jump starter I was keen to check it out. The two things that really stood out for me was the 3-year warranty, which is the best in its class and the value of the products for money.
|PEAK CURRENT||CAPACITY||RECHARGE TIME||JUMP ATTEMPTS||OPERATING TEMP|
|1200A||44.4Wh||3.5hr (15V/1A) or 5.5hr using (5V 2A)||20||-20C to +50C|
DBpower 1200A Features and Specifications
- Heavy Duty – with 1200 peak amps of current, your DBPOWER 1200A jump starter can boost all 12-volt lead-acid batteries. Designed for gas engines up to 6.5L and diesel engines up to 5.2L for cars, boats, lawnmowers, Jet-Skis, trucks and more. This amazing device is capable of jump-starting a car 20 times. This is due to the large internal Lithium-Ion battery when it’s fully charged.
- High Tech Safety – With built-in Anti-Reverse Protection; (over-current protection, short-circuit protection, over-charging protection, over-voltage protection, and over-heating protection.)
- The heavy-duty version 2 all improved, and all-copper clamps have better anti-heat and current-conducting performance to strengthen the jump-starting effect. The DBPower 1200 also includes a built-in LED flashlight with high, strobe, and SOS features.
- Fast USB QC3.0 Out – Designed with 2 fast USB outputs. Depending on the type of Phone or Tablet you have will determine the charge speed. The QC3.0 USB port (Quick Charge 3) can fully charge your smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices at the fastest speed possible.
- What’s in the Box – DBPOWER Portable Compact Jump Starter – Jumper Cables – 15V Car Charger – Micro USB Cable – User Manual – Our 3-Year Warranty with top-rated customer support.
DBpower 1200A peak amp jump starter review
This is one beautiful 1200A compact jump starter. The new redesign has taken some great features and specs from its smaller brothers and rolled them all into one tidy unit.
This portable jump starter is the second generation product from DBPOWER. The highest current can range up to 1200 peak amps. With the larger engines in its sights, it can jump-start engines (for 6.5L Gas, 5.2L Diesel Engine and more) up to 20 times. This is dependent on cranking time and amp draw. Never leave home without one. Make sure you and your loved ones can get home when stranded with a flat battery.
Intelligent Security Function
Like most quality Lithium Ion jump starters, this advanced booster pack has built-in intelligent security function. This means it’s equipped with improved clamps and built-in intelligent protective circuits which give you duplicate protection. Plug it in and turn it on away you go. No need to worry about safety incidents anymore. Anyone can do it.
Quick & Smart Battery Charger
It is equipped with a 2.1A USB Output and smart QC3 USB port, you can charge your cell phones, tablets, kindles etc. at the fastest speed. The Quick Charge 3 is a new feature that talks to the processor in each phone or tablet to make sure it can handle a fast charge over 2.4 amps.
To recharge the jump starter you have 3 options. There’s a mains adaptor, a 12V In-car adaptor that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket, and there is a USB port input so you can charge it from any computer.
We actually use a solar powered USB charger by Sokoo. This proved up to 2 amps per USB port to charge our DBpower 1200A. Usually only take a few hours out in the sun for a quick top-up charge.
Powerful LED Light & LCD Screen
It has 3 modes of LED light (high, strobe and SOS), This is an emergency lifesaver when you go camping, picnic, outdoor adventure or just break down on the side of the road. The LCD screen shows exactly the remaining internal battery power and output voltage. This helps you make better use of the power available and protect your devices.
Convenient Package & Ultra Compact
The DBpower 1200A is housed and protected in a quality semi-hard case. Unlike larger traditional jump starters, it’s small enough to store in your glove box or under your seat. It’s also light enough to pack in your handbag when you go out.
Cigarette Lighter Charging
Unlike the bulky traditional jump starter, this has an additional function. If your vehicle’s battery is not out of charge completely, you can use the cigarette charger to top up and charge the vehicle’s battery for about 5 to 10 minutes. This will slowly add a trickle charge to the car battery, you can then try to start your car inside. Great for if it’s raining outside.
I am a qualified Industrial Electrician for the past 20 years and I love to share my knowledge on home repair and maintenance jobs.
I love fast toys like Motorcycles, Cars, Jetskis, Boats, and Computers so writing about them is easy. Working on them is fun.
To keeps costs down I do all my own mods, repairs, and servicing. These skills I want to share with everyone. DIY is a skill everyone can learn.