Here in Australia we really have a hard time getting some quality portable power bank, car jump starting gear. I don’t know why. Maybe it’s due to the Lithium-Ion Batteries inside and shipping these units may cause a hazard, or maybe no one cares about us.
So I wanted to review a few units that you can purchase yourself directly from Amazon. These are quality portable power bank jump car starters, which are often cheaper than comparable re-branded models in the local stores like Repco, Super-cheap, and Autobarn, etc.
So let’s check out one of the most feature-packed and in my opinion the best Lithium Ion Jump starters here that are available to us Aussies.
Our Top-rated Lithium-Ion Mini Jump Starters for Australians
Top Pick Suaoki u10 review
It was nice to the Suaoki design a great performing lithium-Ion jump starter. I like that it has a large internal battery which means you will be able to boost your car and charge your phone for longer and more often.
There are some really cool features of the Suaoki u10 such as fast USB outputs to charge your phone, and full internal safety features to protect your car and the unit. The 3 color charging LED torch lights are also a cool feature. They are a lot brighter than the standard one light models. Tapping the power button will cycle through the LED options such as SOS, strobe, and red night safety light.
The nice blue LCD screen will tell you the internal battery capacity left so you know when its time to recharge it. It will also tell you the amp output to your phones and to another car battery.
To jump-start a car with a flat battery just connect up the power leads and turn on the unit. Once the safety LED light stops flashing from red to green which is located on the jump cable and stays on green solid you are ready to try cranking over your vehicle.
The rated capacity is 800 amps so this little jump starter will be perfect for small cars such as Toyota Corollas all the way up to the big Prados and Land Cruisers.
I have yet to have a vehicle I couldn’t start with the Suaoki Jump Starter. We have even started the forklifts and tipper trucks with it. So let’s get onto the full review.
5 Mini Jump Starter reviews in Australia
We decided to review 5 best Lithium Ion jump starters available to Australians which have a history of reliability from well-known brands. We have updated our list shown above with the Suaoki just outperforming the Gooloo 800A model, due to the larger internal battery and a nice LCD screen for vital information.
A word of warning…Be careful of some cheap jump starter clones available on places like eBay. Some have inferior internal parts and substandard safety features. These can be a fire trap and a safety hazard. They are usually the ones making outlandish claims, at very cheap prices.
That’s why we like to recommend an online retailer like Amazon, which sells real appliances from real companies. Plus their warranty return service is fantastic. Stick with brand names.
So let’s see what is available: Good value portable power bank jump starters for your car in Australia.
Suaoki vs Gooloo vs RooBoost
The Suaoki is my pick of the bunch. It has stood up to the test of time and been a reliable companion in my car. Gooloo on the other hand has recently updated it’s range of jump starters. With larger and more powerful internal batteries they can jump-start anything.
You are going to pay for quality and features. I do like that they are all starting to go for fast QC3 charging. This means you can quickly charge your smart phone up in an hour.
Even RooBoost is including wireless charging and it is cheaper than some of the others. The test will be if this newcomer can stand up to the rest. Stay tuned for our full review on the RooBoost.
We did rank Rugged Geek last year but there have been supply problems so we only include what you can buy today. it still is a great little jumpstarter for our outback conditions so I have left the even in here below.
At the end of the day, you can’t go wrong with any of the mini jump starters mentioned here for Australia conditions. They are all feature-packed and made to our conditions. If you see one on special then grab it.
Rugged Geek INTELLIBOOST 600A Portable Jump Starter.
This Rugged Geek 600A jump starter model is in the mid-range of what they have to offer. It’s perfect for most families who need a boost jump starter for 4 to 8 cylinder cars. It can jump start larger 6 and 8 cylinder cars with ease, like the Holden Commodore and Toyota Landcruiser. So for the technically inclined, that’s 6.0L petrol engines and diesel engines up to 3.0L
There looks to be a rebranding of Rugged Geek to Car Rover here in Australia. They look the same apart from a yellow case but the specs are the same.
I actually love the look of this product. With a tire tread grip pattern, its constructed with a lot of thought and engineering.
Rugged Geek 600A Specs
- 3rd Gen 600 Amp Portable Jump Starter: Enough power to boost most passenger vehicles on the road today! See it boost a 6.0L Cadillac in one of the video reviews.
- Intelligent Jumper Cables for safe, easy and risk-free Jump Starting. These have Dual Power tips (many on the market are single). All the protection circuits are in the Intelliboost cable end.
- USB and Laptop Charging from 2 high power USB ports and 1 laptop port. Includes 4-IN-1 USB Cable and 8 laptop charging tips.
- Ultra-Bright LED Flashlight with Steady On, Strobe, and SOS Modes for additional safety, protection, and convenience.
- Clear Digital LCD display offers all the vital info you need at a glance including charge and output levels/voltage
- This Jump starter posts to Australia and other parts of the world.
- Practical: Aside from boosting your car, it also features 2 USB Charging ports to charge your devices, a laptop charging port with 8 included laptop conections, and a powerful LED flashlight with emergency modes.
- This portable power bank will jump any 12v car.
What’s Included in the Box
INTELLIBOOST jumper cables, 110-240v Wall Charger, 12V Car Charger, 4in1 USB Cable,(lightning, 30pin Apple, Micro USB, and Mini USB), 8 laptop tips & charging cable, and a plastic tough carrying case for it all.
The user manual for the Rugged Geek can be download here: Intelliboost_Ultra_RG600_User_Guide
The one great thing that this compact jump starter does above the rest shown here, is the ability to charge different laptops with the included charging tips.
Laptop Charging from Car Jump Starter
There is a voltage select outlet port that you can change from 12V/16V/19V, 3.5A. This means if you have a laptop that needs 19v to charge it up, just select the correct voltage. You can then plug in the correct electrical tip, and you now have a large capacity portable power bank where ever you go.
To change the voltage, turn the Rugged Geek RG600 to “ON” (A), then press the “CIRCLE” button (B). Each short press of the “CIRCLE” button (B) will toggle the output voltage from 12V to 16V to 19V.
Please be sure that the correct output as determined is shown on the LCD display before plugging in your laptop.
As the maximum output is 19v at 3.5 amps you will have to make sure your laptop is within these specifications. My Lenovo needs 20v but this jump starter works fine. The 1V difference is within 10%.
If your laptop needs a 4.5 amp charger, you may find it best to charge it while the laptop or notebook is off.
Rugged Geek Specifications
- , Uses 10 gauge cables
- up to 6.0L
- Diesel Engine Rating up to 3.0L
- 39 wh LITHIUM ION @ 3.7 volts 10540 mAh battery
- 1000 charges +
- 100,000 HOURS
- 15V, 1A
- 3-4 Hours
- 4-5 Hours
- @ 5V, 2.1A
- 12V/16V/19V, 3.5A
- 6.3″ x 2.9″ x 1.3″ (16cm x 7.4cm x 3.3cm)
- 10.8″ x 9″ x 2″ (27.4cm x 22.9cm x 5.1cm)
- 14.8 oz (420gm)
- 2.6lbs (1.2kg)
- 12 Month Hassle-Free Limited
- They ship to Australia cheap
Best jump starter Australia
The Suaoki U10, in my opinion, is one of the best jump starters in Australia for our harsh conditions. With a huge brand loyal following and fantastic customer support, these guys will have your car ready to start in a flick of a switch. It is a little expensive but the quality will always trump over cheap and nasty.
I own this exact model for our family car, and it has never let us down. The children use it more than we do for keeping their devices topped up. I just wish they remember to top up this jump starter as well from time to time.
Check out their Promo clip for this RG600A on a Toyota Hybrid Synergy Drive. Yes, it even works to jump start hybrid vehicles.
all your electronic devices like smartphones, cameras, and tablets.
- Multi-purpose jump-starter charges smartphones, tablets, and computers.
- Slim, light, and portable – slightly larger than a smartphone.
- Jump starts 12V vehicles up to 6 cylinder cars.
- Start Current: 150A Peak Current: 300A
- Three charging modes. Supports fast charging with a low self-discharge cycle.
- Battery Capacity: 22.2 Wh = 6000mAh @3.7v. Full Charging Time takes about 2 hours.
- Multiple safety protections including reverse polarity protection, short circuit protection, fused lead, and fused diode protection for a reverse charge.
STANLEY P2G7S Simple Start Lithium Battery Booster
Stanley is new to the market of Lithium Ion jump starters. But they have been long-term players in the more traditional heavy-duty jump starters that include air compressors.
- Patented Cold Start Intelligence and Up Charge Technology
- Reverse Polarity protection
- Connect two ways – directly to your car battery or plug into your vehicle’s accessory cigarette outlet.
- 2.0 USB port
- Emergency LED light
How to Boost your Car using the Stanley Simple Start
There are two ways to use the Stanley Simple Start jump starter.
- Use the alligator clamps like a traditional booster pack. All jump starters use alligator clamps just like the old jumper leads. Its the best was to provide quick amps to your battery to start your car or boat.
- The second way is to use the cigarette power adaptor to back feed electricity to your battery via the accessory port inside your car. Now all cars will have one of these unless your car is very old.
The only downside of using the cigarette lighter port to start your car is that it will take around 20 minutes plus to get enough power into the battery. Most of us are in a hurry so we want that car started now.
It just makes it user-friendly so people don’t have to open the hood of the car to jump start it.
Stanley Simple start light indicators
The SIMPLE START™ Li-Ion Battery Booster is equipped with an LED indicator ring that changes color depending on the unit’s function or condition.
This guide indicates what the icons and colors mean:
Stanley FAULT INDICATORS
Multi-colored flashes indicate the unit is not able to perform.
The unit has detected a problem with the vehicle’s battery.
The unit’s internal battery is extremely low and needs to be
recharged immediately or the unit will automatically shut down.
RED: YELLOW The unit’s internal battery is extremely low and needs to be
recharged immediately or the unit will automatically shut down.
I really like this Mini Jump Starter, the reviews from Australians have been very positive. It makes the jump starting process super easy without even getting your hands dirty.
Mini Jump Starter Reviews Australia Conclusion
At the end of the day, you can’t go wrong with any of these quality small jump starters. They all post to Australia at very reasonable rates with a good warranty. (At the time of writing)
I can defiantly recommend the Suaoki u10 and the newer Gooloo 800A which we have started keeping in both of our cars. They are very popular due to the small size and often they get rebranded to many other different models. We use it regularly to give our Phones a quick boost while away from home. It cost slightly more than some of the other models, but you get a whole lot more bang for your buck.
Keep your family safe, and plan for emergencies. Get your self a small reliable jump starter today. You never know when you will need it.